Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Quad ESL 63

I've been using Quad ESL 63s for nearly 30 years, and have tried several power cords over the last 10+ years (largely because I was trying them on other equipment), and have found absolutely NO AUDIBLE AFFECT one way or the other. I've also not been able to discern any difference on Martin Logan CLSs, KLH9s, Acoustat Threes, or SoundLab Dynastats. As far as I can tell, not too surprisingly, it doesn't make any difference what kind of power cord you use to charge a pair of ESLs, as long as they function at all. It doesn't even matter if you have a grounded plug, or not!

Now, if you want to hear those '63s sound as good as possible, I would suggest you look at getting a pair of stands though. I recommend the Arcici stands VERY highly, but if you cant find a pair (sadly, they're no longer made), try and find a pair of "Stand, and Deliver" stands... those were the little base mounted stands that Quad sold for them. If you can't find a pair of those, at least try placing them on some cinder blocks... you'll be amazed at how much better the perform lifted at least 8-10" off the floor.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Quad ESL 63 - Frommerstop 20:40:36 03/15/13 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.