Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Tympani 1d ad

Yeah, agree that it should say "refurbished by Magnepan with completely new drivers" or something like that. Though from what I've seen of their repair operation, they do more than basic repairs -- they remanufacture them to the point at which they look (and presumably sound) new.

You'd have to ask Sheila what arrangements are available, I'm sure they'd be glad to ship to a different location (I may ask for this myself when I send my IVa's in, depending on when I move -- send them directly to my new address). And I imagine this guy isn't the first to make this arrangement, e.g., send them to Magnepan to be fixed then advertise them on Audiogon. Why pay for extra shipping, or, worse, take the risk that the company will fork lift them the way they did mine?

I doubt they're willing to act as a warehouse, though . . . if they don't sell, I imagine the seller will have to choose a sock color and take them back himself. But it's early in the auction for the bid price to mean anything, if it's like the auctions on Ebays the price will zoom up at the last moment.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.