Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: IIIa Foil Project Sucess!

Thanks for the information. I thought you had some magic way of using the tweeters for a single speaker. :) Is there any way to incorporate it into the mix that would make some sense? What about using a Y adapter? I have plenty of channels left on the Rotel. Seems a waste not to use them. I don't have the space to use it with the IIIa bass/mid panel. I can just fit in in the surround space by itself.

The Neo-8's may be a long ways down the road as well, unless they lower the price which I am sure they won't. I would love to build an insert into the IIIa Frankenpan and string some Neo-8's, just to hear what they sound like. How will I ever get a handle on how well the foil experiment did? Is there a way to measure it somehow and get some comparisons?

My primary goal is to exactly what you said, to get the crossover correct. The Audiofire 12 arrived. I did not think the guy was going to send it as he would not answer any of my emails, but it did arrive and in as new condition. It looks as if it had not been used at all. It is real simple with not a lot of bells and whistles. I think it will work well for a crossover.
I will have to wait to afford the software unless there is a freebie program available. I recall reading something about a plug-in for foobar that is user supported. I believe it was fairly limited though.

Thanks again and I will get started with measuring as soon as work permits. I am looking forward to seeing what I have been hearing and learning more about it all.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.