Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Quad ESL 63-PS Audio Quintet

While everything that JLindborg says is factually correct, I would not just assume that power cords and AC conditioners of one type or another would make no difference. This is why the hobby is a bit maddening. I once did try six different power cords on my Sound Lab M1s, in an evening long listening session. They do make a difference. More expensive cords were not necessarily better than cheap ones. The two best of 6 were the Sound Lab factory supplied ones and Mapleshade ribbon types (the best by a slight margin). I have no idea why the experiment turned out the way it did, because it really shouldn't matter. Also, for the heck of it and because I had one lying around, I use a Tice Microblock to isolate the AC supply from house circuit noise that could in theory contaminate the AC supply. If I had a spare PS Audio 300, I would use that. It can't hurt. And of course you could do your own listening test to determine whether it helps.

I have owned ESL63s. They are great speakers and you will be very pleased, regardless of your choice in power cords.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Quad ESL 63-PS Audio Quintet - Lew 08:49:52 06/13/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.