Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Day 2 (I coudn't wait any longer)

When I first heard the 20.7s my system had been shut down for several days, and the sound was disappointing. Fortunately I knew that simply moving my Cardas speaker cable was enough to destroy the sound, let alone the need for Maggies to break in. I was tempted, but didn’t want to put the 1 Ohm resister on the midrange- and what, wait for the speakers to eventually sound bad enough to remove it again? Hours of radio and pipe organ allowed the system to come back to life and popped the Maggie diaphragm’s cherry. That evening I slept encouraged by what I heard.

This morning the sound promised sweet tidings indeed! I won’t run down the usual laundry list of superlatives (but I could.) It’s still very early, but already, the midrange is very close to correct in relative level, and the bass / midrange resolution is ESL or Apogee ribbon quality. Of course, the tweeter is as good as good gets. And yes, it now all speaks with one voice. It’s still early, but I look forward now to every moment I can spend re-listening to all my music to hear just how good it can really sound, knowing all the while that it will only get better with time. Lucky, lucky, lucky me!

I’ll try to give another update when it seems appropriate, if I can tear myself away.

Gary

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.