Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Prospective Magnepan Owner

Check out the Wyred-4-Sound stereo and monoblock amps. They are 1140wpc into 4Ohms and are within your budget with some change left over.

If you are not into audio-jewelry, they may just be the ticket. Good sound, good power, good reviews, good reputation, good support, good warantee and factory direct. You could start out with 2-channels of these and later biamp with the same or something different on top.

Wyred-4-Sound mods the ASP-1000 boards such that they do not sound like the vanilla ASP-1000 in a box versions. They also add an input buffer to make them easier driven by preamps. I own both types and prefer the W4S implementation much better than the vanilla version.

I currently have a pair driving the bass panels of my 20.1's. I tied a pair driving the whole speakers and they did a nice job (as well as the 3.6's).

They are also easy on your electric bill being @ 80% efficient.

Good luck on your choice. If you have that large of a venue, I would go for the 20.x's over the 3.6's.

Regards,
Tim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Prospective Magnepan Owner - EmailTim 18:19:55 03/27/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.