Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Prospective Magnepan Owner

Thanks for the responses. I posted the other day and apparently it didn't go through.

I do have some concerns about the Mcintosh being able to supply enough juice to a pair of 20.0. I may have to rethink that decision. Any suggestions in the 2-3k range would be helpful. The power budget has to take a hit for the decision to go with the 20.0 instead of the 3.6s. I feel like used gear makes a lot more sense for me in terms of value to performance ratio. Someone mentioned the big Emotiva mono blocks as a possibility. Anyone have any experience with them?

The room is a monster indeed but I do have 26 OC panels up high in the room and another ten or so made up if I need them when the system goes in. They have helped tremendously. Lots of big rugs on a wood floor. It still sounds like a big room but at least I can tell what direction sound is coming from now :)

So if I do go with the 20.0s, what should I be on the lookout for both good and bad. I'll probably have to drive somewhere to pick these monsters up so I'll have a chance to look and listen to them. Thanks again for any and all advice.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.