Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: "I'm not sure that the 3.6 would allow you to use single pole crossovers without compromising performance" ...

Hey Andy,

I think your memory is a bit off.

Anyhow here is a bit from the review:

So am I happy? No, I would have to say this was not a forward step for me after listening for the past couple of months and tweaking for the best sound compromise I could achieve in my room. The stock 3.6R's had a more "seamless" sound with cohesive soundstage and balance between the frequencies. They had to be "pushed" more for their best sound, but could be listened to for hours as reasonable high volumes levels. The Magnestand 3.6R's are better at conversational levels, but I believe the stock 3.6R is better everywhere else. I have a lot of $ invested and cannot afford to sell them at a loss, so I will apply my own expertise and see if I can get them a little more balanced to my taste. This is not the first step backward I have taken in 42 years and it won't likely be my last. It's part of the journey.

See the whole post below and I thought that Saties post about 1st order crossovers was interesting. And I dont recall another 3.6 owner with this mod, but we have seen how memory is a funny thing so I could be wrong :)

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.