Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Maggies and high-end speakers

MCR: "So same as you, I'm left sitting there, scratching my head, asking myself: what's lacking with my Maggies? I was prepared to accept that life is a series of compromises and that you cannot have both startling dynamics and deep bass that pressurizes the room while at the same time having shockingly stunning realism of instrumental and vocal texture, timbre, the speed, the lush reproduction, the irresistible sparkle that Maggies deliver."

Right. With attention to details, Maggies don't sacrifice too much of the impact in delivering other more important goodies. To be sure, it is harder to get them to deliver that dynamic impact, which is far easier for some boxes. Quite a few things need to fall in place for it to happen with Maggies, but it is worth pursuing it.

At the end of the day, some boxes will be able to deliver far more impact. However, you'd have to spend very dear money in order to get it with no sacrifice of other qualitative attributes. For Maggies, those other attributes are usually par for the course, and at a bargain price.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Maggies and high-end speakers - JBen 12:41:09 03/19/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.