Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Sound coming from outside of the soundstage

The 299c I never saw before. Given HH Scott's design prowess at the time, it would not surprise me if they project more power than the ST70s. I liked the overall sound of the ST70s. However, I was not successful in them driving the midrange/tweeter combo (of a bi-amp set that I had in the 80s). To be fair, the volumes at which I played some things in those days...

You know, the room was not as much of a scare when I first considered buying the MMGs. OTOH, the fact that I would have to live with a TV in the middle was my very worst concern.

Long story short is that it may have been a blessing in disguise for it facilitates great center imaging. Luckily, the late Al Sekela had had the same challenge and threw a few good ideas my way.

Also helping, though I did not realize it at first, was the truncated corner wall on the left side. Once I matched on the other side, stuff beagn to fall in place rather easily.

Thanks; the wood work went fine on the most important aspect: the sticks that do the actual sound improvement job. These were cut just as precisely as I needed. They will be hidden from view so we did not stain them.

On other, more exposed pieces, things did bomb out, at least for the day. The test for the wood stains that I thought I'd use made us reconsider. I'll have to test other alternatives...but "pretty" can always wait on my book. I just need them to sound right, for now. :-))

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Sound coming from outside of the soundstage - JBen 23:24:01 03/18/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.