Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

More like crosstalk in my head, no pun intended :-)

Josh, I was really worried that I had lost too much recollection. I even told my wife while we drove home this afternoon. Surprisingly, she adjusted the "azimuth" in my head, caused by an incident that I had forgotten, probably on [subconcious] purpose.

Anyway, the VCR that had PCM was a Toshiba. The Panasonic was bought earlier and was a mutually decided, and not insignificant, expense.

The Toshiba, later on, was one of the expensive toys that I never consulted her on. It almost cost me a divorce. To make matters worse, it was stolen a few days after I got it, before I had time to use it much. When I had tested it days earlier, I could not get it to be better sounding than the Panasonic when recording LPs. So, the thief & the insurance company saved the day...probably our marriage, too.

Which is kind of ironic. When I got a pair of Acoustat 2+2 to try at home for a couple of weeks, this was the same wife who said it was ok to spend the {much more} money on them. (I did not buy them for lack of proper amplification to drive them with.)

What on earth do they make these ladies out of!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.