Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Maggies and high-end speakers

Very interesting, I agree with your initial thoughts. Maggies do produce the impression of a real musical performance in front of you,that is their quintessential point.
I recently visited a local hi-fi show specifically to hear some quality boxes to see if I was missing out on anything.I did notice the incredible level of detail which was produced by the best, Dali, B&W,Wilson Benesch, stood out (not sure of the models) and I'm fairly certain that it was a level of detail which I don't get with my active 3.6s. However, I noticed that even the largest boxes I heard reduced the sheer scale of the image produced by the 3.6s which makes the whole thing seem more real. I was particularly amused by one set of small boxes which seemed to be reproducing a jazz band composed entirely of midgets (sorry,PORGS)
I suspect that only big electrostatics can do both, but I previously had Martin Logan SL3's, and although they did produce incredible detail, it was always rather fey and artificial.
Conclusion, stick with the Maggies.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.