Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Speaker "break-in" data

Wicked! Yours is about the only scan of 3.7s that I've seen. Sharing your effort will be much appreciated around here.

Like you, I use REW, which has been of tremendous help in tuning up my MMGs & room. I use a calibrated mic, always at the same place (right behind where my ears are when at seating position) aiming at the center between the speakers. This has yielded the best results here and is not markedly different from aiming at each MMG directly.

I do full frequency scans. Depending on the mic that you have, this may be practical. If so, it makes a great difference along time. REW offers space where you can add notes of the conditions that you tested under and these come in very handy later.

Regardless of what you can measure and how, if you explain how you made them it will help others understand the perspective. Also, please keep in mind that it is more useful to measure each speaker alone. Do not be concerned if each measures quite different in the under 250hz range. Aside form room variables, Magnepan introduces their own tuning for dipole effects.

Having heard the 3.7s a few times, I suspect that you will be very pleased...and yes, they do reach lower, at least to my ears.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Speaker "break-in" data - JBen 12:07:44 03/15/12 (1)
    • Note. - BigguyinATL 07:41:10 03/16/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.