HTTP/1.0 200 OK Content-type: text/html

Can't connect to database, trying again....HTTP/1.0 200 OK Content-type: text/html

Can't connect to database, trying again.... RE: Shifting instruments and room layout - JBen - Planar Speaker Asylum

Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Shifting instruments and room layout

I've been far busier than I expected this week and anyway was waiting for your new hardware to get in place. I can see you are having quite some fun!

I need to read your other related postings elsewhere in the forum this weekend and see what to suggest in view of your changes and findings. While I do this, here is something to try on the CD vs PC issue.

1. The sound card software may be processing the audio in any of various effects. Ordinarily, we don't want any of it. OTOH, it may be that you like them, which is just fine. I am pretty sure that Metal music will not necessarily suffer if this is the case. In any event, you may want to make sure that you know where it can be turned off if it is on by default. Most cards do use the effects by default.

2. I don't know which BR/CD player you have but unless it is a well -configured PC (not easy), most good CD players will best a PC. When the time comes that you do want to max-out the PC sound, ask Dawnrazor, Play-mate and the rest of the gang over at the Digital-PC Audio asylum. Done right, many players start loosing the battle vs PC.

3. Assuming you have a decent BR/CD player, I would try these easy things:
- swap optical cables and compare
- swap optical inputs and compare
- get a decent coax cable for the player (it may have been optimized for this, plus it is usually the best choice anyway, though HDMI is getting there)
- if HDMI transfer is available, try it.
- check the player's setup options. You would be surprised at the stuff that may be "off" (or "on") in some models.
- check the player's power cord, if removable. If it is not factory or better, you may have inadvertently used a PC cord (bad thing in most cases). BTW, the same goes for your other audio hardware, mind those power cords.
- borrow another good player to compare

Have fun!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.