Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Foil Project for IIIa's

You got it upside down.

The PLLXO does NOT go between amp and speakers.

The PLLXO is at line level (preamp level) and goes in between the preamps and the power amp.

The power amps connect directly to the speaker drivers via the binding posts. The whole idea of active XO/multiamping is to get rid of the inductors and capacitors between the amps and the speaker drivers.

The active XO and the PLLXO run in parallel from the preamp output. You either have an extra output pair of RCAs or you use a Y splitter. The PLLXO runs in parallel to the active XO.

At this point, you want to use only the active XO to determine XO points
- run the treble out from your XO to the amps driving the IIIa tweeter
- the midrange output from your XO to the amps driving the IIIa midrange
- the bass out from the XO to the big amps for the T-1d bass/midbass panels.

You don't use the tweeter panel from the T-1d.

The Rotel is a multichannel amp, it has one RCA per channel, a stereo amp has 2 channels and the same 1 RCA per channel. There is a + and - post for each channel output on the Rotel.

Remember to check that the Rotel can actually drive your 2 ohm tweeter - otherwise use the 1 ohm resistor.

Once you have determined where you want your XO points to be, we can work out the PLLXO that will work for that.

send me an email and we can discuss the details of your setup without hogging the forum's bandwidth.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Foil Project for IIIa's - Satie 21:31:37 03/09/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.