Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Foil Project for IIIa's

Satie - I do understand that the PLLXO goes between the amps and the speakers. I will have a good sized XO box on the back of each speaker. What I was thinking of doing was to put the passive XO in the box. If I am using the PLLXO for the mids and tweeters, and using the active TDM for the bass panels on the 1-D's, then I would need two binding posts for each IIIa panel (plus and minus) on the XO box going in and two for each panel going out from the PLLXO to the surface mount posts on the IIIa. The surface mount posts would be connected to each panel via 12 gauge hookup wire. As I would need a direct connection to determine the XO points, and I may want to use the Behringer in the future, I would have the connections to do so. I am assuming that I am going to use the TDM XO for the bass panels, and the PLLXO for the mids and tweeter. Does all this sound correct? Do you have any alternative suggestions?

Another question I have is on the back of the Rotel 1077 amp, there is one RCA connecter for each input rather than two. Do they use a special cable? I have never seen an amp like this before. Thanks Again!!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.