Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Foil Project for IIIa's

There seems to be a misunderstanding here, the PLLXO is at line level between the preamp and the amp, parallel to your active XO.

The passive XO components for speaker level go between the amps and the speakers.

The XO freq. are given in Neolith's spreadsheet for original XO slopes and corner freq I would suggest you start with balancing the 3a's with your active XO and 3 amps connecting directly to the individual drivers. Set the XO for 500hz bass-mid, and 2.5 or 3khz mid treble - for starters, measure and adjust levels to get a flat FR and then tune to favor your ear. You will need to shift the XO points around and listen to each driver alone too so you can decide which driver you want to cover which portion of the freq spectrum, you may not want to repeat the magnepan choices.

You can hook up your T-1D panels instead of the 3a bass panels since that is what you had in mind.

You need to have an idea of what placement you want based on prior experience with the T-1D..

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.