Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Yet another problem room..

The Apogee Definitive ( another design I would love to hear; unfortunately
there are none in the United States, and with a cost that is prohibitive for most
audiophiles.

Apogee DEFINITIVE full planar reference system. DEFINITIVE is a 3-way ribbon/planar system that is constructed from the finest materials to the highest specifications. Efficiency levels that rival some horn designs, detail resolution of the highest order. Engineering tolerances tighter and more accurate than any other planar ribbon currently available, past or present. XLM bass ribbons, metal alloy ribbons designed to meet electrical and mechanical requirments for lifelike reproduction. And able to be driven as a real 4 ohm load by as little as 20w tube amps.

Definitive includes a DEQX PDC2.6 Preamp/active crossover and room correction unit, and also have their own speaker cables attached. To use you will require 6 channels of extremely high quality signal leads, the finest source, and 6 channels of high quality tube, solid state or the best of digital amplifiers. At this time no passive crossover is planned. Definitive is made from a solid steel cnc laser machined frame, faced in Corian. At present DEFINITIVE is only available in Australia.

Josh, the efficacy is very high, are extremely powerful magnets part of the reason this speaker can be driven with 20 watt amplifiers.
What are your thoughts?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.