Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: MMG MiniDSP and bi-amp Questions

I finally played with the MiniDSP over the weekend, it is a fun little toy. I've tried both the 1st order and 2nd order setups with x-over points as above.

Sound quality seems very good. I do not detect any high-frequency harshness or noise at all. Noise floor is outstanding. With computer, miniDSP, and amp gains all turned up to the max, there is zero noise from the panel even with my ear against it.

So far my preference is for the 'new' 1st order corssover setup, which is what my MMG's originally came with. It is entertaining changing the slopes and frequencies on the fly, and hearing the immediate change.

Another good function is being able to invert driver phase on the fly to ensure correct polarity. Sure enough, when out of phase, there is a midrange dip. Not as severe as I'd thought it would be, but pronounced, sepecially when you can a/b instantly.

More experimentation to follow. Next up with be playing with REW and feeding the results into the miniDSP.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: MMG MiniDSP and bi-amp Questions - acroy 10:42:40 03/05/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.