Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: MG12s in a 12' x 19' room...What would you do?

JS, I am glad you both are enjoying your friend's Maggies. You already have a few very good pointers and as we get more familiar with the situation we should be able to refine the advice.

I wish we had a diagram of the floor plan. Your description is good but I am afraid that some people with promising knowledge may have a hard time visualizing. Besides, some of us just copy the drawing, add some suggested changes, and repost so that others can quickly evaluate. If you decide to do one, keep in mind that details count. A bushy plant, a piece of furniture, an off center sofa, cloth art on walls. etc. I never cease to be amazed at how little things can make such differences at times.

Symmetry helps significatly with planar speakers but it is hard to achieve it in some situations, like this one. It may be that we can find ways to "approximate" it.

Anyway, let me ask. Is the room fully, or partially carpeted? Wood or concrete/tile?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: MG12s in a 12' x 19' room...What would you do? - JBen 23:47:04 03/03/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.