Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Yet another problem room..

Good point, Don. For the longest time, I have regarded solid research into audio as a good general guideline. To be sure, the variables in, and range of, human perception easily throw a monkey wrench into things. And that is not even considering other non-human variables, which research can't fully cover for each of us.

In addition, that which sometimes is evaluated in the domain of a given parameter, say frequency, in real life comes with other attributes. These, together, feed our individual perceptual engines.

So, for example, when the lowest notes of the tuba in Billy May's "Solving the Riddle" hark from a decidedly left, outside the room location, I understand that several things make it happen, despite its frequency. I don't fully know what they are but I am hearing it as I write now via a pair of modded MMGs, no subwoofer.

{Pause: damn it, this Billy May album is from the early 60s and still sounds so great! Its brass textures are addictive to me...probably a thing from my musical past....in the Jurassic period. LOL]

Back to subject...I think you have some good choices. I am very happy that Audiozorro pitched in. In doing so, he also presents the other good (non-desktop) alternative with the Minis.

Any way you choose to go I am confident that we'll be able to help you get great sound.

The Minis are now developing a more solid portfolio of user experiences. I for one, love them, even if they don't fit my current needs.

The MMGs, if they start showing their potential in your room and you keep them, are still a superb choice. That is because they start sounding great and then, with a few bucks and a little sweat, you can make them little audio monsters on their own, tailored to your tastes.

{Now fully back to listening mode]

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Yet another problem room.. - JBen 12:13:13 03/03/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.