Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: My experience....

Thanks Adriel and Atver for your responses. Both your recommendations seem reasonable enough. I'll go over this with him and see what he can do. It sure seems as though we're hitting a bass node. What I had noticed from sitting in the listening seat is that if I moved forward to where I was resting my elbown on my knees listening, the problem all but goes away (the BOOM, that is); it even cleans it up (you can actually hear the pluck on the strings where I never heard it so clearly before) by quite a margin as well. Only thing is that it does something that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe the instruments within the soundstage aren't quite as expansive as when leaning back and relaxing...basically, we're talking about a foot-and-a-half here.

Anyway, I really appreciate your insights. I gotta tell you, the planar experience really is quite something. I've never heard music presented so wonderfully this way. It does quite a few things that no box speaker I've heard can pull off, that's why it's difficuly for me to try articulating what I'm hearing, as well as the issues...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.