Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Yet another problem room..

"It was in some of these variations that I heard the kind of discontinuity that Don mentions."

I'm glad you mentioned that. It reinforces my own hunch, which is based on my experience with the sub on my computer speakers, and also what I've read about subwoofer localization in the literature.

Like the Mini, my sub crosses over at about 300 Hz to planar satellites. In some setups, I hear its position, but in others I don't, and they aren't always what you'd expect, e.g., I have the sub to my left and a bit behind me right now and I don't hear its location.

The way I justified the cost when I ordered the MMG's for my computer was that I spend more time listening to music at the computer than I do to my main system. Seen in that perspective, it makes a lot of sense.

So if it were me, I'd try the Minis first, based on my experience with the MMG's in a similar setup, the difficulties with the dealer demos, and what you said about not being able to localize the Mini woofer in certain positions.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.