Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Yet another problem room..

Thanks much for the replies. They are quite encouraging.

The idea of absorption/diffusion on the rear wall behind the panels is interesting, and I can see how it should work... one advantage I have - both walls that have windows in them (upper and right side in the drawings) have a step out in them due to foundation coming part way up the wall. There is a ledge at about 36" from the floor. The area below the ledge would be pretty much a natural spot to add absorptive panels. And I see there are lots of options for what to put there.

Interesting thread on AVSForum:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=255432

Also as noted - probably not that hard to make custom home-made RPG abfussor (had to Google'm - interesting devices) sort of designs, if the dimensions are available.

I would guess the question of how much absorption I want and how much diffusion is going to have to be empirically answered.. try and listen sort of thing. IF necessary I could also likely use different materials above and below the shelf level.. perhaps with curtains on a traverse rod on the rear (upper) wall above the ledge, that could be closed when serious listening was taking place. Or simply line the entire wall above the ledge around the window with some sort of absorption paneling.

Thanks again, and keep those ideas coming! I think I'm ordering the MMG's tomorrow (the McIntosh speakers are leaving around noon..)

Don Eilenberger
SLH, NJ, USA

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.