Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Waz . . . adieu!

One of the most noble things I ever undertook was being on the 2009/2010 Los Angeles County Civil Grand Jury, which was a full year assignment. The 23 that comprised said jury came from just as many different backgrounds, races, creeds, political ideologies.

Needless to say it was a rather unique experience especially the trust that was built among many of us. I made several lifetime friends with many who I never thought I would want to associate with.

There were too many heated debates that went beyond the scope of our duties. Most of which the individuals arbitrated on their own. Yet there were occasions where the Jury Foreperson had to intervene and boundaries were established. Most emanated from a few who had agenda's that the rest of the jury didn't.

In the end, we did our job and wrote and published our report which I might add, benefited all of the people of the County and City of Los Angeles.

Yes, this place is a microcosm of the real world and there will be heated debates, some of which will arise to a level of discomfort for many. Those are the ones where the moderator needs to rule with a strong grip.

I personally don't think the answer was to delete any of the posts and leave them out there for all to see. Do I think there was a ganging on effect, no, especially when PG is able to speak for himself. Did it warrant intervention from a mod, probably.

As many of you can see, I can be a handful at times, but understand, I am sincere and will be the first to admit when I'm wrong and apologize if I breached the level of civility that I ask for.

I too have gleaned some very useful information here and hopefully will make some friends along the way. That said, there is no need for some of the rancor, name calling and obvious agenda's that also surface here.

I left about 4 years ago and didn't announce my departure over the same shit. I love my system, but I know there are better ones and hope that I don't come off as arrogant in my enjoyment of what I have, but all of the you haven't heard the promised land if you don't do this or that is crap as it can be said in ways that don't come with a tinge.

It was class that Mart took his time to email with me back and forth and because of that I may re-register and be a player around here.

This notion of what a man is by one poster is absurd and I agree with Grant about taking the high road. There is much more to learn than Planar's around here if one is open to it.

I only hope that Wazoo is lurking and comes back as I do believe things will be better around here because of him.

Jim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Waz . . . adieu! - medium jim 08:18:38 02/27/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.