Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Listened to B&W 802Di today

I have not heard the 802Di in a proper setting yet, nor with my own music. They were being set up at the dealer when I dropped by months ago. They ran a demo disc and I could tell that, at the very least, B&W had not damaged anything good. The 802D, however, I have heard in many different settings and with my own music. Overall, I would concur with your observations. (and yes, the 803D are not in the same league.)

At the end of the day, like I said earlier, I still lean towards my MMGs combination of charms while waiting for a chance to get 3.7s It does appear that you can still see possibility with your 3.6s or perhaps 3.7s.

I'll be back later, after I think about your statements and ways to propose a good rediscovery process for you. Of particular note is your perception of imaging. The 802D are really good at this, for a box. However, not even the cheapest Maggies, when well positioned, will do anything but far better.

BTW, the muddling of detail at high volumes I solved with frame reinforcement, and so have many here. However, I know that the 3.7s did not need it, even blasting away with a 900w/ch amp.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Listened to B&W 802Di today - JBen 02:04:22 02/25/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.