Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Looking to leave the Maggie Fold?

Satie, I am hoping that it may turn out to be just a challenging positioning situation....hopefully not insurmountable. Like you, I expect Maggies imaging to be so enchanting as to drag us in and carry the day most of the time. Many of us are willing to pardon some Maggie limitations for the sake of their great strengths. Imaging and detail are foremost among them, when things fall in place.

I've heard badly-imaging and tonally-challenged 3.6s while silently thinking "if they only could rearrange this room and let them shine through!". I am sure that many of us have had a similar frustration with regard to some Maggies positioning issues. Sometimes it can't be helped, but at least Neil is open to finding options.

Some people do, quite validly, seek a different combination of strengths in their system. Which may be Neil's case, though I am not so sure.

So, it is great that you bring this up. One risk may be that whatever "lesser" imaging Neil may be getting now, he could dearly miss it later with other speakers. We don't know this. Yet, it would be a shame if it happened. The flip side is that if he finally gets the magical imaging, or something closer to it, he will not, I am pretty sure, want to lose it.

Which is why I think it would help to "see" the room in pictures or in a drawing. The collective experience may give him enough hints for him to figure out his proper 3.6 formula, if one is attainable.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.