Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

A special day

A friend of a friend died last week. He was a retired teacher who never married. He was a veteran of WWII, spoke and taught fluent German and French and also taught choral music. He greatest enjoyment was listening to music which he did up to his final days. His main concern was finding someone who would value his record collection as much as he did.
Today I went to his apartment to pick up his records, almost all classical and opera. I virtually filled up the car. A large percent are boxed sets (mostly Time-Life series but major labels as well) which, from an audiophile's perspective may not be of great value, but from a music lover's perspective, an incredible collection. It will take me a couple of weeks just to sort and catalog, and well over a year to listen to everything. Amazingly in a quick scan there are very few duplicates of what I already own. The stuff on the floor is new. There are also about 50 CD's as well. Happy days ahead.

"Our head is round in order to allow our thoughts to change direction." Francis Picabia

Edits: 02/20/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Topic - A special day - neolith 11:23:34 02/20/12 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.