Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

ET LFT8 owners...

have you tightened your screws lately?

It's been about 4 yrs since I set up my 8s and I just by chance today noticed I had a little play(movement) where the planar panel attaches to the woofer box on one of my speakers, so I grabbed the tool box and went in to investigate. Well to my surprised I find all 11 screws that attach the speaker panel, woofer box and stand together were all loose!

Pretty unbelievable as I know I tightened them down snug when I assembled them back when. I also found the same on the other speaker as well.

Well, after about 10 minutes worth of tightening, I can't believe how much more focused the sound is(must be the effect is so slow over time that I had no idea what I was losing). But I still can't believe over time they loosen up that much and the negative effects it had on the sound, really blows my mind.

So FWIW guys, have you checked your speaker screws lately, you might be as surprised as I was. Happy screwing!! ;)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - ET LFT8 owners... - Mr_bill2 13:32:14 02/17/12 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.