Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: MG 1.6 loose croosbar

Sorry to take a couple days to respond. I wanted to think about it a bit. I'd get a staple gun that is capable of driving staples that are comparable to the ones in there now.

Others will likely respond with other ideas, including some form of clamping scheme. You just have to be sure that the means of re-securing the drivers does not draw them out of shape by flattening them. The solution doesn't have to be cosmetically nice if you are going to re=sock them

I have seen posts on here railing against Magnepan's use of staples to secure the panels within the MDF frames. After using screws through holes drilled in the driver edges to secure the driver to a set of oak frames I made for SMGas and seeing the screws flatten it to the point that the curvature is taken out, I am not particularly enamored with that means of attachment. Others really like it though. I may have drilled the holes too far from the edge of the driver.

For fastening to the MDF, staples may remain the best choice if you want to avoid surgery on the frames. Plus, they are adjustable somewhat meaning they can be tapped down to increase the fastening force they apply.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: MG 1.6 loose croosbar - dnm 18:03:44 02/16/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.