Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Lovin my MMG's, except.....

So, if I'm reading between the lines here it sounds as if there is no significant improvement in fidelity and dynamics until I step up to a true ribbon equipped model. Is this correct? I must admit, I'm heavily swayed in the direction of the 1.6 from this damn review from Stereophile...

http://integracoustics.com/MUG/MUG/reviews/stereophile_mg16qr.htm

...but I have to remind myself that just because they were the cat's meow to the author that may not be the case for me. But he sure makes them sound fantastic. Of course, his upstream gear was considerably better than what I have to offer them as well.

Ok then....let's put it this way. How many of you 1.6 owners that have owned or heard MMG's could go back to an MMG, mod it, and pocket the change and be completely satisfied? Maybe that's not a fair question, but I'd sure like to hear a few of you try to answer it.

Gonna set 'em back upright tonight and pull down the treatments tomorrow night and add them back one by one....starting with diffusion.

The Gunn mod that has the excellent mid bass....is that with the high-dollar Jupiter cap upgrade or his first generation xover upgrade (the one with the schematic in the "tweaks" section)?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.