Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Eminent Tech Lft B or Magnepan 1.7

I'm curious also, but do share with us your opinion on what you have heard. How do the 1.6 and the ET Lft 8A compare in your opinion? Did you hear them in the same room, at the same time, with the same equipment?

I have the 8As and IIIAs, but it's been quite some time since I've compared them in the same room with the same equipment. IIRC, the 8As seemed tighter and more dynamic in how they handled bass.

I currently run the 8As in a two channel arrangement in my living room with entirely different equipment (and no TV or subwoofer) than I do my multiple pairs of IIIAs (with dual subs) that I use in my Home theatre. I enjoy listening to concert DVDs more in my home theatre, then I do in my living room, but that may be partly because of the visual stimulation I get from watching the concert while listening and it might also be because my home theatre listening position is more dialed in for a specific listening position than is my living room setup.

Just some of my thoughts in what I have heard, but I too am curious as I've never heard 1.6s, 1.7s, or the 8Bs.

Good day

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Eminent Tech Lft B or Magnepan 1.7 - patmacav 03:27:00 02/15/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.