Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

MG 1.6 loose croosbar

Hi all!

Posting this request for help as extensive searches didn't turn up any answers I needed. One of my Magnepan 1.6's recently developed a buzz right next to the top steel crossbar, which is also around the top restraint button. No signs of delam at that area, though a few of the wires over the 2nd button are coming off. The buzz is localized in that area, and only when a 60-64Hz tone is playing.

On inspection, the top crossbar has separated from the pole piece and can be pushed around (but so can the 2nd and 3rd crossbars). More relevant, the crossbar appears to bow away from the pole piece. Pushing hard on the crossbar while playing the offending tone silences the buzz, although pushing hard on the button also does so. I removed the button screw and retightened it as much as I could without effect on the buzz.

Here's my question, as it looks like it is the crossbar. Is there a way to remove and reglue the crossbar on without removing the driver from the frame? I have not found a good link or guide to do so. Neither have I found a guide to removing the drivers from the frame, but I *think* it involves a lot of staples? is there a guide to removing the drivers that I have overlooked?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Yeang

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - MG 1.6 loose croosbar - Yeang 18:16:42 02/13/12 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.