Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Foil Project for IIIa's

If you're going to be using a PLLXO, you have to wait until you know what amp you're getting because the component values depend on the amp's input impedance. (It is possible to get around this using variable resistors but I don't think it's worth the effort, it's easier and better to order the caps when you know what amp you'll be using.) I suggest you put the caps on clip leads to start, in case you decide you want to change the crossover point. You can solder the caps in when you're happy with the results.

Anyway, Satie knows more about the behavior of these drivers than I do, and more about what active XO's are available, so I'd defer to his advice.

I'm trying to remember what I did with the turntable. I know I got it when I was 17 because it replaced an AR turntable that was stolen that year, and I know I replaced it when I was 22 or so with a TD-125 Mk II and a Rabco SL8-E. But I can't for the life of me remember selling it. Maybe I gave it to my Mom? She had one and I don't remember how she came by it. In which case it would have been sold after her death by my drug-addled brothers.

I do remember cutting classes the day I got the Rabco. :-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.