Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Maggie sweet spot

I've discovered that Maggies can have multiple sweet spots (OK, I'm stretching the term, but let me explain). First, there is a classical sweet spot (your head in a vice, dead centre). Then, there is the 'all the way to one side' sweet spot. If I sit completely to the side, about three feet to the right of the right speaker, I get a completely different, and often times very surprising presentation of the familiar material. And often times I get delighted upon experiencing the musicality of a certain passage in a completely different way. But just as surprisingly, I somehow still get to 'see' the soundstage?

There is also the magic of hearing Maggies while being in a different room. The sound changes, the presentation changes, you get to hear certain relations between the instruments/vocals that are not all that prominent while listening in the classical sweet spot position.

I encourage you to experiment. Maggies are wonderful in that two speakers can create a 3D holographic presentation that sometimes approaches the multi-channel playback. Also incredible for immersing yourself in a well engineered movie soundtrack...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Maggie sweet spot - magiccarpetride 09:41:35 02/10/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.