Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Which amp are you using with your MG12

Well, as you'll see everyone has their favorite(s). I've not heard your Cambridge Audio 840A V2, but have read that its very good! Unfortunately, today its hard to go to a stereo store (because there few around)and do A/B comparos.

Anyway, there are many different mfg's offering great product/per price point, however I'd try to stick with name brands, because if you don't like it, you can sell it fairly easily on Audiogon, compared to less known brands. As for Mag 12's (Mag's in general), they like high power/lots of current, however some have used 50/60 watt and below tube amps and are happy as a clam (each to their own/personal choice and listening styles!!!)

Amps that "I" like (that's just me/one reporters opinion) are VAC, Vincent, Jolida, Prima Luna. In the end it comes down to what your willing to spend. However, over the years/lean times I've used lower cost Chinese amps with my Mags and have been real happy/most satisfied.

Good luck and let your budget and ears be your guide.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.