Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Transparent Musiclink Plus

sbrians:

Thanks and I agree. I did a couple hours of critical listening yesterday and my 1st impressions were validated. I listened to Dire Straights, Brothers in Arms, as well as Kenny Burrell, Live at the Vanguard.

Dire Straights was a full on digital recording and it presented itself nice and warm and with nice air on the top end. Kenny Burrell is a bit drier, but it too was very nice. What is unusual about the Kenny Burrell,.Live at the Vanguard is the the stage placement. While Mr. Burrell is mostly on the left channel and the drums on the right, the base instead of being in the middle is actually to the left of Kenny and makes for an interesting soundstage. The middle does get filled up in an interesting manner.

The best way to describe the difference between the lesser Transparent Cable and the the one I just got is that there is a little more air on the top and it is much punchier in a good way. More detail comes out too.

Can't wait to get the Morrow to see where it takes it.

Jim

Nothing Sounds Better Than Tubes To My Ears! The Asylum where slander/libel is rampant...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.