Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Are you *really* paying attention, or...

...are you just watching and waiting for any negative comment to twist into nonsense? In case you've forgotten, I switched the VAC to triode mode and proceeded to punish it - this disc is part of my torture test battery. The reason I posted 'a soprano upset my system' was to point up Josh's comment: "Unless you're standing next to a soprano in full voice, then it's more like a weapon of mass destruction." Celine's voice gets piercing, to say the least. In fact, I have a hard time tolerating that disc because of her voice, but it was sounding glorious...until it overwhelmed something for a sec, then it was right back to glorious.

For all I know at the present, I pushed the ribbon too hard. It's something for me to investigate - nothing more. it's certainly no reason to toss that amp under the bus. Frankly, I'm not surprised that I've been able to induce a misstep - I've been trying to do just that!. What's impressed me to no end is that I've been able to induce precisely one, and no more - and not for want of effort. I am shocked at what ~90W is capable of producing with this system - and it's not a small room either.

My XO point is a reasonably low 60Hz. It doesn't seem as though I need to unload any more bass from the 3.7s in order to run the Phi 300.1 in triode mode. That's impressive. The bass integration I have now is the best I've ever achieved. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but the love affair continues. If this is the downside, then it's laughably insignificant.

Think what you like, but don't put your inane words in my mouth.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.