Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Eminent Technology LFT-8b

DJ: "I confess, however, I don't have the golden ears of others. I can't hear the difference in properly sized and constructed speaker cables, power cables, interconnects, fuses, amps, etc. etc. etc. "

LOL! Nothing to confess. Consider yourself lucky and brag about it. Not only do you have a nice set of speakers but you can get to enjoy them as heavens mandated. That is, unencumbered by the mania that afflicts must of us here. In fact, to this date I keep wondering what kind of friend am I. I told a good friend of mine what to listen for. Because he started perceiving these things, I only made him miserable.

[For listening myself, I have no choice because I grew up in the music, if you will. However, nowadays I am more inclined to help people stay happy with what they have if that is what they enjoy.]

Now, that same friend, who owns great [dynamic] speakers costing 8 times the LFT-8b, found the latter very appealing in sound. I told him that he had to listen to the 8b (for his 2nd room). He agreed that they were more akin to his likes than the Magnepans. The irony was that his wife did not like them for their "looks". They heard them with no grills and the darned salesperson failed to tell him that grills were indeed available. Lost sale.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Eminent Technology LFT-8b - JBen 19:36:05 01/11/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.