Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Get more out of your old ML panels

For those of you with new MLs you can move on. For those of you with old panels that are starting to really suck in the humid weather read on. I was about ready to buy new panels ($400) so I didnt have to deal with the crappy summertime sound my panels gave me when it got humid. Before I did I called ML. I asked how I could possibly salvage the panels through some hard core cleaning which might bring them back or might destroy them. I wasnt worried about destroying them since I was prepared to buy new ones anyway. ML suggested blowing air and vacuuming them. Ive been there done that. Then one tech said some people have had success with taking the panels off, cleaning the contacts then taking the panels into the shower! No soap just warm water washing all the smoke and dust off. Well with nothing to lose, I tried this. I let them get good and rinsed off, then let them dry for 24 hours, then low and behold if they didnt sound like a new Aerius. If youve got nothing to lose...
Frost

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Get more out of your old ML panels - Frost 16:48:46 07/06/01 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.