Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Should we send a "representative" to Magnepan?

Chaotic behavior as in random flexing (resonance) of the diaphragm and frame? Sorry. Not a term I have come across. I would have nothing to say about that but inverse transfer function should work. You would know better than myself. I would imagine you would have to have a properly equiped speaker lab to pull it off. You might even be able to pull it off in the analog domain. Start with a high rez digital filter that models the trandfer function that is desired. Then input it to one side of a comparitor. Tune a circuit to minimize the difference on the other side of the comparitor till you get a difference of less than 70db or better. I bet you could do it if you find the right nonlinear bias point for a well chosen transistor or FET. The only reason that I mention that is for the devoted analog user. Just a passing thought. But it might appeal to someone who cannot stand the idea of digital processing. I have no problem with it though.

From what I gather reading some conversations on diyAudio, digital domain processing is not standing still. Apparently there are new generations of DAC's available or being developed that are far better than anything used in current audiophile DAC's. What I am trying to figure out is how to get a handle on what the specs imply. Figures like 140 db signal to noise ratios are fairly common with some of this stuff. It's not like you cannot get some benefit from this from Redbook souces. I suppose I will have to educate myself on the landscape of available Hi-Rez digital. What I'm afraid of is the cost of accumulating titles that I actually want to listen to all over again.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.