Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Should we send a "representative" to Magnepan?

Did you ever do a gauge study?
For example, you have a micrometer. You have 10 sample pieces. You have 3 operators measure each piece 3 times.
Crunch the numbers.
Result? How good is the gauge? Is is 'capable' of measuring your process?
Stuff like that is part of quality.

For electronics: Meters get cal'd on a regular basis. At final test for semiconductors, you have to run known samples on a regular basis to make sure of no drift in measuring tools.....called probers, which check each device for function and 'ink out' those not meeting spec.

If your video heads needed replacement every 200 hours, PMs should be scheduled to 'lead' that time so the tool doesn't go down during use or produce poor quality.

At Magnepan, for example, I'm guessing they go thru a fair amount of Mylar. Now, does Magnepan do an incoming inspection or do there suppliers send the right stuff...every time? Is there an 8d procedure for identifying supplier problems and getting the right stuff? I was part of several 8d efforts and can assure you, it is taken seriously by those who assign the 8d...usually those who received defective or marginal material and those who are responsible for FIXING it. DOES Magnepan have such a procedure in place for resolving systemic failure or problems?

I know Magnepan is a very small company. I like the nice lady who answers the phone.....But, doe they have a dedicated quality program? Is there a training group?

I have bunches of other questions.....but will refrain for now.

BTW, Josh. A Micron? HUGE. I'm used to dealing with Angstroms, of which there are 10,000 in a micron. Thin films of 0.1 micron (1000 angstroms) were routine and I dealt with films down to well below 200 microns. This is why I stress gauge studies and knowing your metrology.
Too much is never enough

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.