Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Should we send a "representative" to Magnepan?

One thing Wendell has made clear to me is that Magnepan is a value company. So much so that when dealers told them that they should charge more for the 3.7's, they refused.

On the other hand, they do consider the 20.1's the cost-no-object Maggie, and everyone assumes there will be a successor at some point. And they've upgraded some components in their middle models, e.g., they're now using high quality caps in the .7 crossovers, something that a lot of us were asking for. So I think there's always room for improvements at various levels, as long as the meet their business criteria -- will it affect the price point, will we have to invest in new production equipment, can we ship it, how does it score vs. other improvements in blind listening tests, will dealers carry it and audiophiles buy it and cats scratch it, etc.

So I agree with you that it would be a shame if Magnepan stopped being a speaker company for the 99%, but I don't have the sense that that's going to happen even if we pass on all our costliest desires. Also, I don't think it will take much time to run everyone's suggestions and questions past Wendell, so there should be plenty of time for flow in the other direction.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Should we send a "representative" to Magnepan? - josh358 13:15:16 10/16/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.