Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Should we send a "representative" to Magnepan?

I like this idea but boy do I disagree with what some people think the rep should do while there. From a curiosity stand point, I would enjoy knowing more about "how the magic happens". It would make me feel more connected to the company to know just what went into making my wonderful 1.6s.

This line from one of the responses sums up what isn't right for me.
"Make it world class. We'll pay for it if you'll make it."

That is fine if you can afford it. This option is being met by other manufactures and there is nothing wrong with that. I fell in love with the sound of Maggies the first time I heard a pair in 1984. I wasn't able to get my own until just a few years ago. I'm now on my second pair and if it wasn't for the incredible value they bring I probably would not have them yet. From a cost to performance stand point, I think Magnepan has always had it right (at least for me). If you have the money just buy 20.1s and have them modded out the wazoo. Thats cool too but please don't price me out of the 3.7s I hope to own in a few years.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.