Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Should we send a "representative" to Magnepan?

Yes it might be a non starter because of the price point that it would have to retail for. It would be a difficult fit for their pricing structure. Still, as the market evolves there may come a time where it is a reasonable option to consider. DSP is till evolving as has been the chipsets that support it. And perhaps more importantly has been the designers figuring out how to make it better.

This is not going to appeal to the all analog aesthetic. I think that most of us understand that you can build a spectacular sounding rig this way. And with some of the underwhelming experiences most of us has had with the advent of digital it is esay to see why people feel this way. And not without reason. That being said I am intrigued by possibilities. It would be exciting to see some blurb from Magnepan about a cooperative with DEQX, Behringer or Meridian to support the next line of 1.x, 3.x & 20.x. Loudspeakers are still a weak link for distortion. But what if you can lower that by an order of magnitude with a well executed DSP engine? Could be interesting.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.