Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: ???

Man,

Once again my "general" thinking gets tripped up by most of the world that is so "specific" oriented.

Who cares if it is digital or analog? The fact is that their speakers are set up for easy bi-amping. That is what you are asking for right?? Just unconnect the passives and connective some sort of active device.

I agree that magnepan can do this if they want to. Newform has embraced it so certainly a first rate company like Magnepan could do this. I just dont think they do want to or that they see an upside.

There is something to be said for an "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality.

Just a guess but since they grew up in the 70s (hey specific minded individuals here is another chance to waste time :)) they are probably so rooted in the old hifi industry of dealers and reps that it might not do anything but hurt their business to do that kind of thing. How many dealers even stock or can order crossovers?? How many can configure them? I am guessing that dealers are more their customers than tweakers, and those same dealers probably have their own lists of things to improve on. Just a wild guess but the top one has to be production and order fulfillment...

Man I cant wait till the industry as a whole makes the move to the direct to customer model. Some are already there and they seem to be thriving. Emotiva, wyred, Odyssey, etc.

OK speakers are tougher, but Magnepan does that with the mmgs, and now the minimags? They have to ship the speakers anyhow. maybe offer a white glove service where Jim Smith of "Get Better Sound" fame flies out and sets them up if you want it. Sad thing is that they are all at rmaf and will miss this awesome post :)

Oh and I dont think magnepan thinks there are issues in how their speakers sound so even if they get the fact that biamping improves them I dont think they see a big need to improve anything right now but I could be wrong.

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: ??? - Dawnrazor 04:57:25 10/15/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.