Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Should we send a "representative" to Magnepan?

"How would you fit an amp in a Maggie? Kind of a fun challenge, actually."

I don't think you would want to build it into the panel. That would ruin the tried and true speaker carton that they use. It would just be an accessory like a 3.6 crossover chasis. Of course the real point to it would be the line level crossover accessory that is designed for that model of speaker. Perhaps with a DSP option for room correction like Wisdom. If there was an amp module offered then it might be some savy design that matches the electrical characteristics of the drivers.

You know ... now that I see it ... maybe I didn't think that one through before I wrote it. I know I would seriously consider that option but what percentage of customers would want that nowdays to make it worth supporting? There used to be a simple passive line level crossover option for some of their earlier models. Still, it just seems to me that the logical updated version would include DSP / room correction like the Wisdom system that Wendel mentioned.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.