Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Should we send a "representative" to Magnepan?

As long as Ive been a member, Ive found Josh to be knowledgeable, friendly, and supportive of all members and their posts. I certainly vote for Josh to be the rep to ask the right questions. If I may make a suggestion Josh. Dont get so star struck with magnepans womb that you loose objectivity, especially in terms of getting answers to the tough questions. I have had a handful of conversations with Wendall concerning what is holding Magnepan back from being in more homes. After getting through the technical side of your visit I recommend bringing this subject up and seeing if you guys can hash out some realistic ideas for marketing that can help get the word out so to speak. I personally and done with Maggies. I have moved into an all Acoustat environment, but my passion for Magnepan is still there.

My few questions for Wendall
1- super maggie -- the idea of making a model of Magnepan speakers for the top selling dealers that are made from the very best parts and promote the brand. Yes they would be expensive to make and sell but act as a promotional item such as the auto industry does

2- do-it-yourself modification kit -- many would love to see this...a kit with upgraded parts and a dvd showing how to install

3- get involved in a local movie theater -- replace their sound system with magnepan speakers as this could be a huge point of new revenue

4- modernize website and go viral -- someone needs to build a facebook, twitter account, update the website. If a potential buyer goes to the site and sees the outdated fashion on the models and the outdated look of the site they will automatically think the products technology is outdated too.

5- hire a pr firm? -- product placement in movies and tv, get the product to movie stars and other influential people, find other ways to create brand awareness

6- all american parts -- yes we are all proud that these are all built in the us and from parts made in the us, does that actually limit the end result? Im not suggesting fabrication in china but maybe theres better cheaper parts that can be had to bring the cost down in order to drive up the quality. example-if caps, crossovers, wire, foil, ect can be had for half the price and be twice as good (blind test) could the saving then be passed on to better frames, or larger surface area or whatever makes the product better.

7- finalize an official association with amp/pre amp maker -- as of now magnepan has a great relationship with an amp company, what if they take it to another level? could possibly leverage new customers from each others base. who doesnt want to see a magnepan amp?

only my thoughts - let the flames begin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.