Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Magnepan is quite successful as it is. Leave well enough alone. . .

Heh, I don't actually disagree. As Wendell himself put it in his open letter, they're tinkerers themselves and have tried most of what we have over the years, as well as some things we can't generally do, like design drivers from scratch. But I don't think we have to be concerned that we'll ruin the company, it's fun to bounce ideas off Wendell but usually he'll tell you right away why it can't be done -- too expensive, have bigger fish to fry right now, etc.

At the same time, I don't have the impression that he's closed to ideas and opinions, far from it, he solicits them. Like any company, they're thinking about new products, marketing strategies, etc., and while I don't know much about marketing I do know that keeping your ear to the ground is part of a successful strategy, particularly when a new product is a significant departure from the old, e.g., the Mini Maggie or the tri-center.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Magnepan is quite successful as it is. Leave well enough alone. . . - josh358 20:09:25 10/14/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.