Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Maggie is on a short leash.

My speaker cables are 12' (IIRC;-) and that imposes limits. They are the perfect length for the designed configuration. This was not in the plans. It is possible, however, to rotate them into this position for music listening sessions and back into the other position when I fire up the projector. Thank to Mye Stands, they aren't a problem to move. I can finally lift things without pain (as long as I'm careful), although there is a persistent numbness in my right hand/wrist/arm.

The imaging becomes a bit diffuse - less razor sharp. Almost certainly, elements of my room are contributing to the deficient center image. Mind you, continued listening resolved that impression to a great degree. Listening to almost purely reflected energy is a stunning experience. The chosen angle of the speakers targets reflective surfaces - for both sides. I then positioned my listening chair such that I saw the thinnest profile of each speaker. Frankly, I didn't have much hope that this would work in my room (as it is - and I am averse to changing it). I want to try some more types of music tomorrow, but I was rather amazed at how fantastic this sounded. Yep, the speakers completely disappear.

The subs are at the quarter point on the side walls - it works. Since they're sitting atop sub traps, they are a bit tall. On Tuesday, there will be a new obstacle in that room - a WaterRower.

Edits: 10/02/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.